Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Re-posting the blond joke:

Sendme2help
7 days ago:

Why we all need a good diagnostician:
A young brunette goes into the doctor's office and says that her body hurts wherever she touches it.
"Impossible," says the doctor. "Show me."
She takes her finger and pushes her elbow and screams in agony. She pushes her knee and screams, pushes her ankle and screams and so it goes on, everywhere she touches makes her scream.
The doctor says, "You're not really a brunette, are you?"
She says, "No, I'm really a blonde."
"I thought so," he says. "Your finger is broken."
(2)

Gershun ~ You're not being dumb, of course not. Send made a funny. It's more difficult to get the gist of things just from dry text on a computer screen. The rules weren't anything but a bunch of ellipses. I'll repost the rules here for clarification:

Those are the ones I remember. (((hugs))) all, hope you're enjoying the weekend.
(1)

Proof that none of us get out into the world enough, imo.
(1)

No rules, Gershun.
1) Thought it was funny enough when there were no rules, none posted.
2) Then, Churchmouse posted, and Veronica, making it very clear that I made a funny reference to fight club without knowing it. It was those two who made it funny.
3) Then, still wondering out there, where in llll are the rules? Others wonder if it was a typo, and what are the rules, when will we know, and what is that big, blank box?
4) What is wrong with these people, anyway. Inquiring minds want to know.
Maybe they are all blonds?
5) Ahh, lets all make Sendme the butt of all the jokes, she's a blond, right? Make her explain it. The joke is on her, ha ha ha.
(2)

Sendme did you really type rules cause they did not show on my computer or was that the point. Am I being dumb? It wouldn't be the first time.
(1)

Yes, Veronica: TLDR
Churchmouse:
There is way too many smart alecks on here-I don't often get this stuff until later.
So for those who have not watched "Fight Club", The reference to rules was:
"The first rule of fight club is: You do not talk about fight club." 1999 Brad Pitt

Thank you for being so very bad-azz! The both of you!
(2)

Mom loved the custard the hostpital had but she hated Splenda.I never told her it was made with Splenda and she lapped it up.
(1)

Too many rules did not bother to read a single one.
(3)

Churchmouse,
Surely you have something to share, you are one of the brightest brats!
(1)

So are we even allowed to talk about Caregivers Behaving Badly? Cool!
(1)

Everyone! Here are the new rules for "Caregivers Behaving Badly", please write them down so you won't forget:
(4)

Happy Birthday to Ms. Madge's Mom!

Thanks Gershun, that is a red panda! How did you know?
Guess everyone's cigarettes won't get stolen from my racoon.
Don't worry.!
(3)

Tomorrow is mom's 93rd bday and marks her 7th month in memory care - we are changing her meds from seroquel to Risperadol (sp)? In hopes of keeping her inner Viking at bay - the old gal is still a formidable warrior

I spent my Saturday night going to three different drug stores to enlarge an old photo of her and her friends playing golf to give her as a present - she was about my age now in this photo

I wish I could go play golf but with work mom and exhaustion I guess I'll just eat worms instead
(4)

Wow, Thankless!
It's not that I am unthankful, but that song was so very bratty that when Rainmom posted it,,the post was taken down. Lol, ha ha,ha. I was thinking of the song when I said eat worms. Hoping your ditty is not removed, but don't worry, it sounded so much badder when Rain said it. joke folks. its funny to me.

Ms. Madge, my avatar is a photo of a real racoon, from a magazine cover. If I kept a racoon like this, I would be training it to steal Rainmom's cigarettes. Kind of rare, exotic coloring.

How are the brats tonight?
(3)

Well now that song is gonna be stuck in my head 🐛🐛🐌🐌
(3)

Sendme2help,
"I am going outside, in the dark, looking for worms to eat"....

Reminds me of the little song my dad taught me.

No body loves me, everybody hates me, I'm goin' out and eat worms.
Great big fat ones, little tiny skinny ones..oooh, they make me squirm!

Gosh, haven't thought about that in years. I miss my dad. Thanks for bringing back a smiley moment. 😌
(4)

Send
Is that a holloween costume or rainmom's raccoon?
(1)

I am going outside, in the dark, looking for worms to eat, waiting for the brat hostess to show up-where are you Gershun? Come in good buddy, ten four brat?
(1)

Hey, guess what? The pj's turned up. Someone very kindly sent them to the laundry. The glasses, however, remain MIA. I went to Costco and got three pairs for $20. Beats the $700 + from the optician.

Cwillie, it is not often these days that I laugh out loud but I did so when I read your comment about the woman and the nightgown! (Did you know that your avatar auto-corrects to Chillies?)
(2)

thank you vstefans - and there is nothing wrong with you venting about being a caregiver - it's a thankless job - you get no relief - everything piles up on you - and you have lost your life and your identity - God bless you all and give you the strength you need to carry on - you are doing God's work - caring and loving - don't jump ship - vent and let it out - I pray daily for all care givers - I know what it is like. Blessings to you all.
(4)

"Negativity" is just about expressing hurt feelings over disputes on the site and one of our regulars going MIA, no worries for you Send :)
(3)

Vstefans,
Perfect answer, perfect explanation for this thread.

Now, can you please explain the new thread posted, "Negativity on this site"
posted to divide caregivers against caregivers, to make negative remarks about the negativity on this, the brats thread?

Starry, starry night, the're not listening, perhaps they neved will......
(2)

Victim1952: sorry this is happening!! Advice 1. talk to the Ombudsman - Long Term Csare requires names and numbers to be posted; and 2. **start a new thread on here** - you picked a thread where people are going to sound like sick SOBs but are really not, just acting up a bit to let off steam.
(3)

I was a caregiver for years. I didn't complain. My body ached - I was in desperate need of sleep - but I kept going. I couldn't stop - they needed me. Now I am in a nursing home and being abused physically, verbally, mentally, emotionally. They are sick SOB's here. And it starts withe the top admin. Where can I get help - PLEASE.
(0)

Very careful to laugh myself silly or should I say "wetty" If you don't know what that means ask any elder who has had several kids!
(3)

Aaarrgggghhhhh! Evil! Terrible! Send that is vile - I will send it to my daughter immediately!
(4)

Brats are the wurst!
(5)

captain gave a hug 8/30/2016 at 8:25 pm
DDDuck:
eh , im doing fine . were getting a portable saw mill out at the farm . being a stone mason , im not particularly interested in lumber but it assures me of plenty of forest work this fall and winter .
our three colonies of bees are doing well . we arent likely to harvest any honey in their first year but if a good spring nectar flow is realized , those bees can produce an absolute LOT of surplus honey .
saw a funny comment in a brit newspaper yesterday . the story was entitled " how do you know when your marriage is over ? "
one wiseass commenter said he knew his marriage had ended when he tamped down the last shovel full of dirt . LOL
(6)

Mom2mom
When my mom was in her speed dialing phase I took my phone number down wile I was at work and posted my brother and sisters numbers - now that she doesn't have access to a phone in memory care and they don't visit I'm thinking of giving her her cell phone back and putting their numbers in all the speed dial numbers
(2)

DDDuck: I miss him too ... what's going on, Cap'n?

I think it might be a cure for stress too -- at any rate, you feel so much better after. Dunno, but I wish I could laugh like that more often.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter