Follow

Replacing the much lamented 'On My Mind' profile option, this thread is for musings, jottings, whimsies, preoccupations and the rest of the thesaurus for anyone to jot down anything they please.

I can't remember what the maximum character count was before, can anyone else? But anyway it wasn't very many so let's keep to that.

1 2 3 4 5
Golden, Nacy, ITRR, Alva and Send: Thank you very much.
(1)

Llama, Praise The Lord that you are home. May HE continue to heal your body and be with you and DH.
(3)

So glad you're home Llama , take good care of yourself 💕
(3)

Thinking good thoughts for you Llama! 🦙️🥝🥝🥝🦙️
Glad you are home and well cared for.
(2)

Llama ((((((hugs))))) So glad you are better and at home!!!
(3)

Llama, what GREAT news. Please take care and be careful with yourself.
(1)

Way: Thank you. I am.
(2)

Llama ,

You must be so happy !!
(2)

Update: My DD brought me home to DH today! I had a slight delay on discharge when a last minute gut reset ncluding abdominal exray was performed.
(5)

Also wondering about Need
(3)

Also Alva, not sure if you where still here, a very good family friend of her daughters that it sounded like spent much time at her home growing up. Suddenly died, I can't remember if it was a car accident or what, but it was devastating to her and her family.

Which makes me worry more about her health issues, with that stress.

That was pretty much her last few post.
(1)

I was thinking the same last night while watching the hurricane report.
(2)

I know alva, me too. I actually had needs email and erased it 😔 so mad at myself for that.
(1)

I am thinking of and missing needs help all the time, Nacy. I can't believe she left us this long without telling us she was going away! Makes me very worried for her. Was told she occ. does take a vaca from us without a work. Still, I know she was wearing a heart monitor when she left us. I don't like it.
(4)

Just want to say , if you listening Needshelp, stay safe you have a hurricane coming, I am sending your and your family and your beautiful city much prayers and love, and will be thinking of you.
(1)

Hi hereiam.
At my age it is so confusing. We had a here i am and an i am here. One of them went off to ER with abdominal pains and was never heard of again, and one left. Which one are you?
I think it is more random chaos myself--life, that is-- though snowflakes and cut cabbages and have some very intricately sculpted patterns. If you watch the life of a single cell it is really quite intricate as well. It's anyone's guess, I think............
(0)

Haven't been here in ages. Was just watching a movie about fate. I never used to believe in fate. But I just heard the protagonist in the movie say, "I think fate's behind everything."

I wonder...
Maybe it's true.

Here I Am
(1)

Get well soon Llama!
(1)

Thank you all SO much again. Your uplifting posts mean the world to me. 💚
(5)

llama, health huggggggg.
🍀🍀🍀🌸🌸🌸
(2)

Llama, continuing prayers for your recovery and your family.
(4)

Dear Llama. So glad your dd has been able to step up so that dh is looked after. What a turn of events for your family!!! Big challenges. You are a very sensible lady so you will work your way through this. Prayers for all needs to be met. (((((hugs))))
(5)

Thank you all. This has been very challenging to say the least. I push myself to get better. With DH unwell, our DD has stepped up.
(3)

Wonderful advice Golden and Alva. Hoping to implement those words into my consciousness every day.
(4)

@ Alva. That's the thing - live more in the moment and the thankful. Today, right now, I don't have pain, I have a home, food to eat, a great companion, enough money, the sun is shining...We rob ourselves of today by living in the past or the future. We can't change the past,though we can learn from it, and we don't know the future, though we can make some intelligent predictions and plans e.g. If I spend too much today, I may not have what I need tomorrow, so I won't make as many frivolous purchases. Everyone needs a little "frivel", but nor too much.

One day after my youngest son had died and the funeral and paperwork was dealt with, I sat alone in a house that felt very empty. But really the hole was in my life, my heart, and I knew it would never be filled again,

So what now?

I saw the kitchen floor needed sweeping so I got the broom and swept it, and life went on. There were times when I lived from moment to moment like that. Those times became less and less. I learned to live around the hole in my heart.

My dd is being treated for stage 2b breast cancer. Though she is doing well, we both have acknowledged that it could come back.

But we don't dwell on it.

Today, as she is fine, life is too precious to spoiled by worrying about the future. It took some work and faith to get to this mindset, but it is well worth working on. Otherwise you lose today in the negatives of the past and the worries of the future.

R has prostate cancer and after cryosurgery it returned so he is on therapy to slow the growth. We both know that this treatment may not work, though the odds, as with my dd, as good.

But we don't dwell on it.

We live today making good plans for the future - to do things we want to do. Life is going on. In the back of our minds is the awareness that things may not work out as we would like. We are realists, but that awareness does not rule our days,.

Matthew 6:34 is “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

John 16:33 33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

I used to worry about my health, getting cancer, heart attack and so on. One day I realised i had spent too much time and energy on the worry, which accomplished nothing good, and spoiled the day, so I did the sensible thing and, for the most part, stopped worrying. I recommend breaking that worry habit.
(5)

Llama, THANKS for your update. Discharge coming! SO GLAD. Pulling for you.
Beatty, I love what you said. Breathe in.
When we get "hit" with this stuff our minds scatter lie so much confetti thrown into the wind. It is so hard to just settle and take a few breathes and tell ourselves "What has to be addressed NOW this second".

My Mom used always to tell me that if I could just settle a bit, most problems would take care of themselves. And at least I would be able to see which ones needed my attention when the dusk settled a bit. She was a truly wise woman. How did she give birth to a kid whose mind always exploded in colorful flotsam and jetsam at any disruption. For 82 years I have put myself through so much more than I had to!
(2)

@Beatty - nice. Thank you.
(2)

Riverdale, this must be terrifying for both of you.

Breathe.

Safe travels; good thoughts and prayers are coming your way!
(4)

Wake up.
Breathe in.
Look up.
Find something just a little out of view to strive towards.
Set your course.

Llama & River especially, but anyone else on a challenging path today. ❤️❤️❤️
(6)

So good to hear from you, Llama. I have been wondering how you are. You must be making progress to be discharged on the 12th. I'm sure you will be happy to get home. Hope hubby is managing OK. Keep us updated.
((((Hugs)))) and prayers for a great recovery!
(6)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter