Follow

Doesn't have to be just one thing. I don't care if you can't pick just one. Name a dozen if you want. It can be serious, it can be silly, it can be anything you want to say.

If you want to throw in something that you find nice or helpful during this stressful period, please do so.

I'm wondering if most of us feel the same way or if there will be a lot of variety in our answers.

There isn't really a category for this so I just picked relationships as a general community title.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
I miss my innocent brain. I miss being clueless about virus genomes, and I miss being clueless about over-seas regimes, and I miss being clueless ...

My minimal Italian has returned ... which is wonderful ...
(4)

I miss my daughters the most.

I miss waking up and feeling like it's a normal day without COVID-19.

I miss when I didn't hear about more people being diagnosed and dying.

I miss when I wasn't concerned out about if people I love and myself were in danger of getting this horrendous coronavirus.

I miss giving and receiving hugs from family and friends.

I miss hanging out with my friends.

I miss my neighborhood coffee shop being open.

I miss my hair salon being open.

I miss eating at my favorite places

I like that people are supporting each other. That is very sweet.
(3)

Clueless sounds pretty nice right now. I get it.
(2)

I miss spontaneity.
I miss making my Mom tea with honey.
The human kindness that I'm seeing on TV calms my nerves.
(3)

I have been drinking tea everyday. I hope you will get to drink tea with your mom as soon as it’s safe to do so.

Squee, my next cup of tea I will be thinking of you. 😊
(1)

Aww thanks NHWM! Tea is soothing.

Off topic - how do I delete a double post?
(1)

I miss interacting with my class mates at university. I am about to finish my degree and will not have a graduation ceremony.

I miss getting together with my best friend to watch a movie or go for a drive.

I am thankful that my son has moved back home. He was very ill a few weeks ago, he was not tested, and one he was better he was laid off work. So I am not alone in the house.
(2)

Tothill,

My daughter too. She is missing ordinary classes, online classes and exams. Yep! No graduation ceremony. Diplomas will be sent out in mail. We have to do everything to keep safe. Still, it's sad. I'm so sorry that your life at school has been turned upside down. Nothing is the same.

Sorry to hear about your son being laid off. That's tough. Yes, it is lonely being away from friends and family.
(1)

Part of me misses the craziness. I didn't realize how normal the craziness had become. I miss the freedom of being able to run out for "one more thing" after I just got home from grocery shopping because a loved one forgot to tell me they ran out of a necessity. I miss being able to walk inside the bank and have someone greet me - my area is drive up service only. I miss being able to wait at a checkout and chat with other customers - now we have to be 6 feet apart. I miss sporting events.
(3)

Squee,

I don't know how a double post is deleted but I have done that before too. I think most of us have.
(1)

I know. The sense of community is gone with our everyday business. So true about only drive up or curbside.
(1)

I miss the hairdressers as well. They do help us feel better about ourselves and we need that! But they also need to live their own lives. One woman who cuts my son's hair owns her own salon. I can't imagine what she's gone through these past few weeks since salons are shut down in my area. The woman who cuts my hair is self-employed and rents a chair in someone else's salon. Under normal circumstances, both women are financially independent. I cannot imagine what they are experiencing now.
(2)

I know. Many people are going to suffer financially. It breaks my heart.
(4)

I miss restaurants, going out to eat. Yes we can (and do) do takeout. Not the same.

I know, first world problems.

I miss being able to be oblivious to the economic hardship this is all causing for so many. Heartbreaking.
(2)

What MysteryShopper said, just being able to pop back in the store and get an item forgotten.
I don't miss the traffic. I had to go somewhere yesterday around 5:30-6ish and the traffic seemed to still be 'bad' and people speeding. That's a non important thing in the long run, I guess.
I miss seeing someone I know out in public and getting a hug. The last time I did that was probably around the end of February when I saw an ex coworker at Walmart-we did a hesitant thing-then hugged anyway. ha.
Its funny the little things I miss. Some are hard to put into words.
I am thankful for you all. HUGS!
(3)

Not being able to buy a baby gift for a cousin's new grandson who just lost his great grandfather. I wonder when shops will reopen.

I miss all sorts of things for myself but I also miss not being able to do simple things for others.
(1)

People. I live alone. Pathetic as it may sound often my only social interaction during the week may be sitting in the coffee shop or making the rounds of local shops and perhaps church on Sunday, all of which is now not possible.
(9)

I miss going to work, it gave me a reason to get dressed in the morning :P
(1)

Community, as in going about in it, seeing people and doing activities
(3)

River,

What about Etsy for the baby gift? Try that and have it shipped directly to them.
(0)

cwille,

I am with you. I miss the same as you. I love going out for my coffee.
(3)

FF,

Are you working at home? My hubby is. Lots of conference calls! Zoom and all that Jazz.
(0)

RBuser,

I haven’t driven my car! My husband has taken it to the store but I haven’t left my house. I sort of feel like I will forget how to drive! Hahaha, just kidding, of course but you get my drift.

I feel so disconnected in some ways and connected in other ways. I am sewing lots of masks to give away.

I am also trying a few new recipes. I find I have to force myself to eat at times. I am freezing a lot. It’s too much food for just the two of us. Neither of us are big eaters. We like food but eat to live, not live to eat.
(2)

I miss hanging out with my DD and my friends from outside of work. Today my BFF came by with face masks for my family,, she has made over 250 of them ( I am doing a drive by tomorrow to get 3 more for coworkers,, ) we stayed 6 feet away from each other,,but it was hard.. we are touchy people! Then we did a "drive by porch pickup" to my DD to drop off some things that came for her, and the masks for her and her roommate. She came out with her puppy and stood well away from the car,, but at least we got to see them! My unit at the hospital went COVID today,, so I will be really nervous about even that in the next few weeks
(3)

I Volunteer a lot make that a LOT!
My hours at Hospice have been drastically cut back. So I miss my "regualr" days and "jobs". Most people are working from home but I have been going in 1 or 2 times a week to make PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) bags for staff as well as bags with disposable medical equipment like BP cuffs, stethoscopes, thermometers and the like. I have also baked at the Hospice for patients and families as well as staff. Not doing that now but I am baking and bringing in things for staff.
And I volunteer at a Veterans Food Pantry 1 day a month and that is being run a bit differently. But at least the Veterans are getting much needed items.
I am in contact with daughter, son in law and grand kids so I am blessed in that respect.
And busy doing yard work and working on tossing out stuff and doing some deeper cleaning.
I miss being able to go out to dinner, sit down have someone take my order and just "wait" on me. and not having to clean up after a meal.
(5)

I miss "treasure hunting" at the thrift store. Other than that, I confess, I am content to have more time at home and be less hectic. That might change but for now I feel ok with this slower pace.

I am fortunate because I still have my part time job doing grounds work on an estate, so that gets me outdoors and active (no human contact so it's safe). School is closed and my full time job is working with special ed students, we are now working online with them. It's kind of scary but also fun to be working in a totally new way.

My Mom is doing very well at AL and although I miss seeing her we talk on the phone and I know she is safe.

I know there are many people suffering right now. I know how very lucky I am and that my situation could change at any time. So, the simple things are meaning a lot to me now, I count my blessings many times a day, and I try to live in gratitude as best I can.

Be well and stay safe all of you.
(9)

Trying,

I love your answer! You sound so grounded 💗.
(3)

Pam and grandma,

Your answers made me smile. 😊. Thanks for sharing. Very special and sweet.
(2)

I have been content staying home. We had so many appointments running here and there. It feels good to just relax, cook, bake and just plain old relax. Thought our house was clean before the virus struck, Now it is spic and span, actually sparkles. No dirty germs getting in this house. Doing some Spring cleaning, hope to finish in a few weeks. Took a ride with my family the other day, and notice a family sitting in a parking lot having a picnic in their lounge chairs and cooler. All of us are in our pajamas today and it feels so good and comfy. Actually I have been in my pajamas for two weeks except to dress when out grocery shopping. I do go out occasionally for a coffee at Duncan's and of course need to have a donut. I feel we all are doing very well staying home, and grateful we do not have that awful virus and are in good health.
(6)

Grandma1954, could you please  check your PMs?  Thanks!
(0)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter