Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
Essie,

Doesn’t sound crazy at all. It’s actually a great way to start the day. I know that when you finally do get back to doing the routine that you were most comfortable with and enjoy so much that you will be even more grateful and enjoy it even more so. Don’t you agree?
(0)

I miss my bananas. They get ripe too soon when having to buy more at once. I like them just as they turn yellow.
(2)

Send,

Maybe the bunny will bring you a few yummy bananas! Do jelly beans come in banana flavor? LOL

It seems like they come in a bazillion different flavors these days.

I like to make a parfait with yogurt, bananas and a couple of spoons of granola sprinkled on top.
(1)

I miss spending time with the grandchildren, and the break from caregiving I got when a caregiver came once or twice a week and I got out.
(1)

Privacy
(3)

MaryBee,

I’m sorry. That’s tough not to have a break.
(0)

I miss just going out (getting out of this house) or getting my hair done. We have 4 trips plan for this summer. 3 of them are day trips and one is a camping trip for a week, but it is looking like we will not be doing any of them! Ugh!!
(1)

Shell,

Me too. I miss not being able to get out and enjoy everyday stuff. Hair appointment too! I need a haircut!
(1)

I actually miss being alone. My husband is working from home now and so he's always here. And so am I. For so long in my life I've had my alone time to paint with no interruptions. I miss my students and other faculty members. I miss artists and art openings. I miss eating out for dinner. I miss my grandson, who right now thinks all people over 40 are idiots who caused this mess that means he must stay home and not visit his girlfriend. But most of all I miss visiting my mom. It makes me cry to think about her.
(2)

The freedom to make my own decisions.  

The governor is I think falling prey either to poor decision making, insensitivity, stupidity or political power grabbing and has made poor (if not stupid) decisions, allowing pot and liquor stores to remain open (for sales but not for indoor shopping) but has banned lawn service companies, putting all Michigan residents who are unable to mow their own lawns in compromising positions.   

We've been advised to ask neighbors or friends to mow lawns.   The local community advised that they'll uphold the stupid lawn mowing prohibition and will fine the homeowner if he/she hires a lawn mowing company.   

A lot of the elders here are going to be very stressed when they're either hit with fines or face begging neighbors or friends to mow their lawns.   That's a horrible situation for elders or those with physical challenges to face.  

I think when I eventually am in a position to get out of this community I'm going to hire someone to bring some goats over here and nibble on the lawn, just as a final sendoff to the morons in the local government.
(2)

I'm with you GA, fortunately for me TN's Governor has been a bit more reasonable. Trips to provide "care" of family/friends or their home and home maintenance services are allowed in our "stay at home" order; auto repairs are also allowed. Initially our parks remained open but there were too many people gathering in groups instead of maintaining proper distancing so most of the parks are closed now. Law enforcement is directed to "educate" people and only issue citations to repeat offenders. The people actually arrested seemed to have been drunk and took a swing at the police officers just trying to get them to break up and go home; they are not being arrested for violating the stay at home order (which might be legally challenged) but for their actions towards law enforcement. Our local city police tried to break up a basketball game between 10-12 young men in a city park Sunday morning around 1:30a and 2 of them ended up getting arrested for public drunkenness and aggravated assault on a police officer. I've read of similar problems in other areas of the state too.
(1)

Having the house to myself all day and running things MY way. Dh is working from home--but until he can actually go to one of the jobsites (here in the state) he's kind of stuck. He is sleeping endless hours and watching TV and eating in bed all day.

I have clenched my teeth so bad my jaws ache in the am. Plus I am recovering from shingles and just an itchy mess.

Time is just dragging.......but I shouldn't complain b/c we're both OK, this hasn't caused DH to lose his job and we have a 6 months' supply of food and money. I'm trying each day to find something to do in the way of compassionate service each day for neighbors.

If the itching were to disappear, I could be pretty happy :)

I miss just chatting with neighbors and having the grandkids over--they are really isolating in place. I miss running to the store for something small and not that necessary. Now I have to wait until I have quite a list and then race-shop. Dh won't go in the grocery store with me, but he'll happily spend hours at Home Depot--which is where I hope he goes today.
(3)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter